This is that part of year when only about four biggies are left to end the year in style. Yes, there are more movies to be released in 2015, but majority eyes are now on Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Tamasha, Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani. So, what is the trade (trade analyst, distributor and exhibitor) expectations from the above mentioned films? No doubt PRDP and Dilwale will definitely challenge Bajrangi Bhaijaan for highest grosser of the year title, but honestly it will be extremely tough to repeat that feat. And whether Tamasha or Bajirao Mastani will spring some surprise. Let's see what our trade says on these films.
1. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo - PRDP is a big Diwali solo release. Film will have two open weeks run till Tamasha. Many single screens are set to book theaters even after two weeks. This is big. PRDP has all gimmicks to be a big hit at box office. Salman Khan and Sooraj Bajratya combination back after long time. Music is catching up. Promos says film is looking grand. Festive release. Even reports from Censor Board is also positive.
Trade Expect - 275 crore nett*
2. Tamasha - There was big expectation from Tamasha before the first promos are released. It is Imtiaz Ali film. It stars Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone in lead roles. However film theatrical trailer response is mixed. Plus, song are not getting into chartbuster mode. Plus, film might get affected by PRDP factor although later will be into 3rd week, still that will be a factor. Drishyam was affected by Bajrangi Bhaijaan and if PRDP get similar response then history may repeat itself.
Trade Expect - 100-115 crore nett*
3. Dilwale - Dilwale is a big Christmas and New Year release. Although film is a Pre-Christmas release it is certain to take tsunamic start at box office. Plus, there is Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty combination who has earlier given Chennai Express. So, expectation is humongous. Only issue is film will clash with another biggie of the year in Bajirao Mastani. Hence, business will definitely be affected by the later.
Trade Expect - 225-250 crore nett**
4. Bajirao Mastani - Sanjay Leela Bhansali Magnum Opus will be the last biggest release of the year alongwith Dilwale. Film is riding on huge budget. From the theatrical promo film looks like made on lavish set and is already looking grand. Film will get benefit of Christmas and New Year Holidays. But alongside that there will be big clash with Dilwale which will definitely have a affect its overall business.
Trade Expect - 125 crore nett**
* Estimation are made on whatever the rushes and promos seen by the trade. Plus actual number will also depend on the content of the film. Figures will go higher or lower than the estimation depending how film is taken on by the audiences. Here content is considered as decent to positive. For e.g, if PRDP content is excellent than lifetime figure may be higher than the above mentioned.
** All points mentioned above (*). Plus, If film avert clashes than numbers may go higher than estimated. But as if now looking like big clash is set to happen.
Do, give us your thought on the lifetime box office collection of the above mentioned four biggies of the year.