Celebration begins for all Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan fans as Bajrangi Bhaijaan is declared All Time Blockbuster by trade. Film garnered Highest Footfalls of the decade surpassing biggies like PK, 3 Idiots, Dhoom 3, Dabangg and Ghajini who are the recent all time blockbusters. Film easily crossed footfalls of Chennai Express, Ek Tha Tiger who are close to touted being ATBB but missed by few miles. Footfall of Bajrangi Bhaijaan is set to end in around 3.55-3.6 crores in India which is Epic. Definitely it will come in one of the highest footfalls of all time.
In other major records film has surpassed Dhoom 3 (ATBB) lifetime nett collection by 35 crores and it is still running in theaters. Although film will fall short of PK lifetime collection by less than 20 crores. One of the main reason for that is Average Ticket Price of BB is slightly lower than that of PK. Will discuss that in detail in some time later. Film distributor share is 2nd highest all time just behind PK and if BB somehow manages good run in 6th and 7th week also then it might touch that. Also, film has set all time records in many circuits which is also another important factor. So, overall Bajrangi Bhaijaan is a well deserved All Time Blockbuster and we hope soon another film join this elite list in coming times.
List of All Time Blockbusters (Bollywood Movies) -
1. Kismet (1943) - 1 crore nett.
2. Rattan (1944) - 1 crore nett.
3. Mother India (1957) - 4 crore nett.
4. Mughal-E-Azam (1960) - 5.5 crore nett.
5. Sholay (1975) - 15 crore nett.
6. Jai Santoshi Maa (1975) - 5 crore nett.
7. Ram Teri Ganga Maili (1985) - 9.5 crore nett.
8. Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) - 14 crore nett.
9. Aankhen (1993) - 14 crore nett.
10. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (1994) - 69.75 crore nett.
11. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) - 61 crore nett.
12. Raja Hindustani (1996) - 48 crore nett.
13. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) - 45.25 crore nett.
14. Gadar (2001) - 75.5 crore nett.
15. Ghajini (2008) - 114.67 crore nett.
16. 3 Idiots (2009) - 202.5 crore nett.
17. Dabangg (2010) - 145 crore nett.
18. Dhoom 3 (2013) - 282.4 crore nett.
19. PK (2014) - 339.1 crore nett.
20. Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) - Approx 317* crore nett [Till 32 days]
* Still Running