So far 2015 been a disappointing year as far as Indian Box Office is concerned. First Quarter of the year is just finished and only 3-4 films are noteworthy among them. Rest all are big dudes or big disappointment in trade. What is astonishing as 3 months of the year is coming to an end and still we don't have a single 100 crore film. Last year was also bad, but at least there was a Jai Ho which crossed 100.
Films like Baby, Badlapur, Dum Laga Ke Haisha and NH10 has brought little smile to faces of distributors. But that is because there is no significant grosser to talk of.
Baby is the Highest grosser of the year and is a Semi Hit at box office. Outright Hit can be said only of Badlapur who have recovered almost all cost from India theatrical itself.
Coming to Flops. There are flops galore. Many film even failed to collect any significant at box office. Noteworthy flops of the year so far would be Roy, Tevar, Shamitabh.
Hits of 2015 (First Quarter) -
1. Badlapur - Hit.
2. Baby - Semi Hit.
3. Dum Laga Ke Haisha - Semi Hit/Hit expected.
4. NH10 - Above Average/Semi Hit expected.
Note - Hunterrr verdict is awaited. It has slim chance of joining the list.
Top Grossers of 2015 (First Quarter) -
1. Baby - 95.9* crore nett.
2. Badlapur - 50.5* crore nett. Hit.
3. Roy - 42.35 crore nett. Flop.
4. Tevar - 38.4 crore nett. Flop.
5. NH10 - 30.45* crore nett (17 days). Above Average/Semi Hit.
6. Dum Laga Ke Haisha - 29* crore nett (31 days). Semi Hit/Hit.
7. Shamitabh - 22.2 crore nett. Flop.
8. Alone - 20.15 crore nett. Below Average.
9. Dolly ki Doli - 19.65 crore nett. Below Average.
10. Khamoshiyan - 12 crore nett. Flop.
11. Hunterrr - 11.75+* crore nett (10 days). Verdict Awaited.
12. Ab Tak Chhappan 2 - 6.8 crore nett. Flop.
13. Dirty Politics - 6.25* crore nett (14 days). Disaster.
Movies doing less than 5 crore nett business in India (Washout/Rejected) -
14. Hawaizaada - 3.35 crore nett.
15. Dilliwali Zaalim Girlfriend - 2.8* crore nett.
16. Hey Bro - 1.25 crore nett.
17. Rahasya - 0.93 crore nett.
18. Badmashiyaan - 0.7 crore nett.
19. Sharafat Gayi Tel Lene - 0.4 crore nett.
20. Take It Easy - 0.36 crore nett.
21. Crazy Cukkad Family - 0.32 crore nett.
22. Mumbai Can Dance Saala - 0.14 crore nett.
Rest no mention.
* Still Running in Theaters
Note - MSG: The Messenger of God and 'I' (Hindi) business not included.
As year 2015 moves in second quarter, we expect that business of the upcoming movies will be better. Hope from April to June we should see upsurge in business and increase in number of hits.