Happy New Year has amassed nearly 180 crore nett in 10 days flat. Thus, film has emerged as Clean Hit at box office and also 2nd biggest grosser of the year ahead of Bang Bang. Film is currently lying on 2nd spot behind Kick. Looking at film trending HNY is heading for a lifetime collection in the region of 200+ crore nett. That means film might be 2nd after Kick to achieve 200 crore nett in 2014. Although still enough time is left and anything can happen from here on. We are just estimating the numbers considering the film current trending.
Kick is still the highest grosser of the year. After the major competitors, firstly Bang Bang failing to chase Kick and now HNY almost rulling itself out now from race. Now only serious threat for highest grosser of the year will be Aamir Khan's much awaited PK which release this December.
Top 10 List of Highest Grosser of 2014 -
1. Kick - 230.4 crore nett. Blockbuster
2. Happy New Year - 179.5* crore nett [10 days only]. Verdict Awaited.
3. Bang Bang - 170.55* crore nett [28 days]. Hit.
4. Singham Returns - 140.87 crore nett. Super Hit.
5. Jai Ho - 113.4 crore nett. Above Average.
6. Holiday - 112.04 crore nett. Hit.
7. 2 States - 104.45 crore nett. Super Hit.
8. Ek Villain - 103.8 crore nett. Super Hit.
9. Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania - 77.52 crore nett. Hit.
10. Gunday - 77.23 crore nett. Semi Hit.