Happy New Year movie has nearly amassed 45 crore nett at box office on first day. Thus, film has not only broke all time opening day record, but has also surpassed biggest single day record by mile. Co-incidentally both previous records are held by Dhoom 3. HNY got benefit of releasing on one of the biggest Holiday in India, the day after Diwali and in wide screen all across India. Film fully utilise the moment and with star power of Shah Rukh Khan in the film, registered new box office records. Have a look at the list of Opening Day and Biggest Single Day, with HNY being the new king.
Opening Day Record:
1. Happy New Year - 44.95 crore nett.
2. Dhoom 3 - 36.2 crore nett.
3. Chennai Express - 33.1 crore nett.
4. Ek Tha Tiger - 32.9 crore nett.
5. Singham Returns - 32 crore nett.
Biggest Single Day Record:
1. Happy New Year - 44.95 crore nett (1st Friday).
2. Dhoom 3 - 38 crore nett (1st Sunday).
3. Dhoom 3 - 36.2 crore nett (1st Friday).
4. Krrish 3 - 35.9 crore nett (1st Sunday).
5. Dhoom 3 - 33.35 crore nett (1st Saturday).