Here is my thought on the latest release Bollywood biggie Happy New Year movie starring Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Sonu Sood, Boman Irani and directed by Farah Khan.:
1. Visually stunning camera work.
2. Abhishek Bachchan - Surprised? Nandu Bhide Dimaag Mein Kide Now You Watch Me Speaking English. LOL. He makes you laugh everytime he's on screen. Look out for the scene when he tries to unlock a nut. That scene will make you laugh out loud.
3. Deepika Padukone
4. Music - Good, could have been better.
5. Few really hilarious scenes.
1. Farah Khan's direction.
2. Zero chemistry between SRK and Deepika.
3. Average acting by SRK, Boman Irani, Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah.
4. Plot - Mashup version of many Bollywood films. Film is so predictable that you can easily predict whats gonna happen in the next minute. SRK's old recycled cringe-worthy dialogues - "Badi Badi Fights Mein Aisi Choti Choti Maar Toh Lagti Rehti Hai", "Saat minute Hai Tumhare Paas", "Naam Toh Suna Hoga", "Picture Abhi Baaki Hai Mere Dost".
5. Cameos by Vishal Dadlani and Anurag Kashyap.
6. Editing - 3 hrs. Many scenes could have been chopped off.
7. Too much of 'abs' show. SRK and Sonu Sood kept flaunting their abs for 180 minutes.
8. Unnecessary Roof Top Fighting scene in Dubai.
9. Too much of brand promotion.
10. Fun on Saroj Khan and Narendra Modi.
11. and biggest question - What was Sajid Khan doing in the film?
Major instances where I felt that there's hardly any logic used (*Spoilers*):
1. There's a scene where SRK and Boman robs diamonds. Timer shows 2 mins left for locker door to close. But here Farah Khan preferred useless drama over logic and door locks after 5 mins instead of 2 mins. Even public who were watching (mostly SRK fans) got frustrated and started passing comments.
2. Most of the movie is shot in Dubai's 5 star Hotel Atlantis (Palm Islands). There are 1,539 rooms in that hotel but no CCTV cameras inside lifts and passages. You can drug anyone in lift and then take that person's body to the hotel room without anybody noticing it.
3. Vivaan Shah hacks DJ's music system, voting lines, security cameras, highly secured bank locker, laser beam and every possible electronic device present just by pressing ENTER on his 'Lenovo' laptop.
Final Word: Happy New Year is not as bad as SRK's previous films post 'My Name Is Khan'. Can be watched once if you're a fan of slap-stick comedies. Overall an amateurish average film.
Just Saying: Farah Khan and Sajid Khan are injurious to Bollywood.
Guest Post Written by - Tejan Shrivastava. A complete movie buff!